I started collaborating with pigeon fanciers in 2008. I put an advert in a pigeon magazine called British homing World in 2008. The average age of a pigeon fancier is 65 and young people aren’t taking up the hobby so it’s quite likely that this whole scene will soon disappear in Britain.
At the time I wanted to understand what it meant to be a pigeon fancier before it was too late. So, I decided to live with them for a year to investigate and record their daily routines. Here is the advert, click on it to enlarge it.
- Demystifying the money and measuring success September 11, 2022
- The queen of theatrical quirkiness September 11, 2022
- A restless person, with itchy fingers who couldn’t help but keep going September 11, 2022
- Good news, bad news and Brighton Festival recommendations September 11, 2022
- Have I sacked off theatre for stand-up comedy? September 11, 2022