Hi, My Little Puddings,
I came across these Ted Talks from Dr Stuart Brown and Tim Brown on the importance of Play whilst researching for a workshop that I’ve been putting together for RIFE Magazine based at Watershed. Dr Stuart Brown, founder of the National Institute for Play said “the opposite of play is depression.” My next workshop “Unlock your Genius by Being an Idiot” for 18 – 30 year olds will take place online in September, check the RIFE website for details.
Ben Edge and The Museum of British Folklore’s exhibition “Ritual Britain” was about the British Isle’s strange rituals that are undergoing constant reinvention. The exhibition is over but it was popular so I think it will back in some form.
From 23rd July myself and some friends are going to be running a female and non-binary comedy night at Groovie Grove in Hammersmith on Friday nights. Our line up’s are ridiculously great, some have been on the telly, ooooh. I will be posting about here.
I did a tour of my houseboat for Instagram. You can find out the reason why I want to call it Meatball.
Free London Hot Desking
Camden Collective support creative start-up’s with free workspaces in vacant buildings.
Thanks for reading see you next month!
Love Vic x
- Jealousy, Influences and Stealing from Artists December 15, 2021
- Jam packed with the best art and culture I’ve experienced in London, Brighton and online. December 15, 2021
- September’s Blog December 15, 2021
- JR (not the oil tycoon) the best anti-distraction and WeCroak August 12, 2021
- Art, playing about, cheeky little boat tour and free London hot desking. July 20, 2021